Everyone with an interest in Numismatics is invited!
PCNS monthly meetings feature educational programs covering a wide range of numismatic interests.
The Bulletin is updated and posted here about a week before each meeting with additional meeting information and PCNS news.
PCNS Monthly Meetings
Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2022
- Time: 7:30 PM Pacific Time*
- Online: Zoom meeting
- Speaker: Paul V. Turner
- Topic: Suez Canal Medals
- Exhibits: Topical items are always encouraged, but any new acquisitions or special items you want to share with us are welcome. Exhibits are entirely your choice, so surprise us!
- For additional information about PCNS meetings, see The Bulletin, which is posted about a week before each meeting.
- Specific meeting information for joining via Zoom at the time of the event will be distributed to members via email the day before each meeting. Members should email the Webmaster for meeting details if they don't get an email by the evening of the day before the Meeting.
- Information on using Zoom for PCNS meetings is available on our Zoom Instructions webpage.
* Monthly meetings last about 90 minutes. A PCNS Board Meeting is held in the same Zoom room at 7:15. Everyone is welcome at both.
Interested in Speaking?
We're always looking for speakers in all areas of numismatics. You don't need to be a PCNS member to be a PCNS speaker. If you are interested in presenting at a future meeting, please contact us by email with a brief description of the topic you can offer. Programs are presented as Zoom meetings, with talks ranging from 20–50 minutes. Whether or not you're a member, please consider sharing your numismatic interests and experience. We'd love to hear from you.
PCNS meetings are held online via Zoom on the 4th or last Wednesday evening of each month.
- We are booking speakers for future meetings (*), with presentations to be made via Zoom. If you are interested in speaking, please contact the Webmaster.
- PCNS Meetings are online Zoom events.
- Nov 30 — Paul V. Turner — see above
- Dec 28 — Bill Hyder — Joe Beeler's Native American Portrait Medals
- Jan 25 (2023) — Harold Tuchfeld — The Rise of Rome in Judaea (161–37 BCE) as depicted on the coinage
- Feb 22* — to be announced *
- Mar 22 — Charlie Catlett — The Conder Tokens of Thomas Spence
- Apr 26* — to be announced *
- May 24* — to be announced *
PCNS meetings are held monthly, except when there's an annual BBQ or Banquet.
Contact us by email to check any date. We update this meeting page with speaker & topic information as speakers are confirmed.